We welcome Chiropractor, Dr Sean Dillon to our practice. Commencing Monday 7th October 2013.
After leaving the British Royal Navy as a Chief engineer, Sean retrained as a chiropractor at the Anglo European College of Chiropractic (AECC), www.aecc.ac.uk, completing a five year full time master’s degree in chiropractic. The AECC is the premier chiropractic college in Europe and enjoys a global reputation as a leader in musculoskeletal healthcare, education, research and clinical care.
Sean’s training at the AECC included anatomy, neuro-anatomy, physiology, research, clinical diagnosis, neurology, nutrition, rehabilitation, X-ray positioning and reading, as well as diversified chiropractic technique.
Training also included a final year internship at the college’s state of the art Teaching clinic.
Post masters Sean has continued to develop and improve his skills and knowledge base, undertaking annual CPD courses and has completed post masters courses in paediatrics and sport rehabilitation.
Sean’s training means that he is qualified to diagnose treat and refer patients as a primary health care professional.
In late2009 Sean moved to the Brisbane from the UK, completing his chiropractic boards in January 2010, Sean has been a registered Chiropractor with AHPRA and a member of COCA, since 2010.
Sean treats a range of complaints with patients of all ages. Presently his youngest patient to date is 2days old and his oldest 92 years young.
Common conditions treated include;
- Lower back pain, including disc injuries and pelvic dysfunction.
- Neck pain, including whiplash and neurological based injuries.
- Shoulder injuries including supra spinatus tendonitis and bursitis.
- Extremities, ankle injuries, carpal tunnel, knee conditions, plantar fasciitis.
- Headaches including stress and migraine related.
- Colic in infants.
- Core posture, positioning and strengthening.
- Lower back injuries including “sciatic nerve” pain.
- Sports injuries and rehabilitation.
- Shoulder and supra spinatus injuries.
As a chiropractor Sean often refers for spinal x-rays, this allows him to check for underlying pathologies and check for spinal misalignment. Treatment involves chiropractic adjustments, education, and exercise with an emphasis on core positioning and strengthening. This enables the patient to take control of their condition and prevent future injuries cause by pore posture. Sean also recommends and uses chiropractic orthotics and pillows to allow home based postural improvements.
As a registered chiropractor Sean is able to treat patients with private health and also under medicare for those with a GP’s referral. As a preferred provider of Medibank and BUPA he is able to offer patients the best care for their health funds with the clinic able to take immediate payments with a valid health fund card on day of treatment.
Sean combines his chiropractic training with his engineering knowledge and own personal experience of back injury to treat the patients in a professional, friendly and empathic manner, making allowances for work and social backgrounds and integrating patients goals with their treatment programmes.
Sean has greatly enjoyed his past few years working with the people of Brisbane. His treatments are patient focused, based on the patient’s individual needs, and working with the patients to attain their goals. Sean believes greatly in patient education, and patients taking responsibility for their own health and healing. His training in diversified chiropractic means that he is able to treat patients with a wide variety of techniques dependant on the complaint and patient requests.
Sean lives in the local area with his partner Catherine and 9 year old son Thomas.
This year Sean visited Nepal, assisting a fellow chiropractor in setting up and initiating a voluntary health scheme, to take students into some of the poorest parts of the world and treat the local population. Sean looks forward to continuing his role as teacher, leader and healthcare provider in the future. More information and videos of Sean at work can be found at: www.volunteersintotheworld.com
8.30am – 11am
3pm - 6pm
8am - 11am
3pm - 7pm
3pm – 7pm
9am – 1pm
Initial consultation and treatment $75. ($68 medibank)
- A half hour consultation including history, examination, treatment and referral for imaging as required
Report of Findings $65 (medibank and Bupa discounts may apply)
- A half hour consultation including management plan, imaging review and exercise programme as required.
Standard Treatment $50
- Including review and chiropractic adjustment.
Continuation care $45
- This is provided for patients who wish to continue treatments after their initial period. A monthly treatment at $45, with a further reduced price of $35 for any additional treatments required between monthly visits.
- As part of an agreed care plan with GP
Additional services and products
- Kinesio taping, tape and instruction $20
- Spinal orthotics, prices range
- Orthopaedic memory foam pillows
- Foot Orthotics
- Professional Massagers
- Massage balls
- Ice gel